St Margaret's Church, Burnage
Safeguarding is very important to us. As a church we are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
For more information:
Contact St Margaret's Safeguarding Officer: Ruth Miller: [email protected]
Or Diocesan Safeguarding Officer: Abbey Clephane-Wilson: [email protected]
The Diocese of Manchester partners with thirtyone:eight in relation to Disclosure (i.e. DBS) services and accessing their safeguarding Helpline when required. For DBS related queries, please contact them on 0303 003 1111 option 1.
In the event of the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser being unavailable due to being on holiday or other absence, you will be advised to contact thirtyone:eight for safeguarding advice on 0303 003 1111. This also includes any emergency safeguarding queries outside of office hours on weekdays and weekends. An Information Sharing Agreement between the two organisations will allow the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser to receive a copy of the advice thirtyone:eight may offer the parish church/caller.
The Diocese of Manchester also uses thirtyone:eight as its approved Listening Service provider, supporting anyone impacted by abuse. Should you be interested in this service, please contact he Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser in the first instance and we will offer you more information. You can read more about thirtyone:eight's Listening service here: https://thirtyoneeight.org/media/2392/listening-service-leaflet.pdf