St Margaret's Church, Burnage
Burnage is a suburb of Manchester and lies about 4 miles south of the City centre and is bisected by the dual carriageway of Kingsway.
The Egerton family were major landowners in Burnage; in 1798, the politician William Egerton was recorded as the largest contributor to the land tax, paying over a third, and by 1844, William's eldest son and heir Wilbraham Egerton owned about half of the land in Burnage. The Egerton family provided the land on which St Margaret's church is built.
In 1894, the Irish writer George Bernard Shaw described Burnage as the prettiest village in Manchester.